11.30.2010

NaNoWriMo is Finished!

National Novel Writing Month, the reason I've been absent for the entire month of November, is finished.  And just like the last time I participated in this grueling experience, I'm both a winner and a loser.  Officially, I'm a winner in that I completed a 50,000-word novel in 30 days.  I'm a loser because I didn't finish my story, just like in 2007.  In fact, I stopped mid-sentence this year.  I entered my text into the word validation tool on the site and as soon as it told me that I have written 50,008 words, I sank into my seat in relief and closed the word file.  Maybe I'll finish it someday.  Probably not.

Anyway, now that it's done, I can get back to the business of blogging.  And thanks to those awful rat bastards at the American Anthropological Association, I have plenty to blog about.  Details to follow, good people.

No comments: